customer icon

Services for Home Owners

For a list of frequently asked questions please see our FAQs section.

When you enter into a contract with your energy supplier, gas is delivered to you via gas infrastructure, parts of which may be owned and operated by EA Pipelines. With the introduction of smart meters, it will soon be possible to switch suppliers within a day. For impartial information and advice on household and business energy from Britain's energy regulator, please visit the Ofgem website.

Single Property Connection

If you have a property that requires connection to an existing EA Pipelines network then please contact us with the details of the property and the maximum demand required. EA Pipelines will determine if the network can accommodate your requirements and advise you on the next steps. Please be aware we can only provide a connection if the local gas infrastructure is operated by EA Pipelines


man with pipeline in front of house


If you have an existing connection on the EA Pipelines network and require a service to be repositioned, or an upgrade to the existing supply, then please contact us with

  • Your property address
  • The Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) - this can be found on your gas bill
  • Details of the requested alterations

We will then contact you and advise on your next course of action.


EA Pipelines operates and maintains gas networks; we do not install them. Contractors accredited to the Gas Registration Scheme (GIRS) operated by Lloyds Register on behalf of the UK Gas Distribution Network can be found on the Lloyds Register site.

Go to Lloyds register


In an Emergency please ring the gas emergency hotline 0800 111 999



  • Operate any electrical switches (on or off)
  • Smoke or use a naked flame


  • Open doors and/or windows to ventilate the area
  • Check your gas appliances and turn them off
  • Turn the gas supply off at the main meter/or Emergency Control Valve
  • Telephone the free National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999, delivered by Cadent Gas
  • If a fire has started on the premises, immediately activate the fire alarm, evacuate the premises and telephone the fire brigade

Find what you should do in an emergency involving gas or carbon monoxide

Cadent Gas


Request a quote

Fields are required unless stated otherwise