Need some extra help?
You can join the PSR, if your household includes:
- someone who is of pensionable age
- someone under the age of 5
- someone who is living with a chronic medical condition or is disabled
- any other specific needs such as sight or hearing impairments
Why join the register?
- You will be offered alternative cooking and heating appliances if your gas supply is interrupted
- You can chose your own password so you know our engineers are genuine
- Your supplier may be able to move your gas meter if you cannot access it
- You can ask your supplier to send their bill to anyone who has agreed to receive it (for example a family member or carer)
If you or your nominated representative would like to register, you can do so by:
- Contacting your energy supplier who will pass your details on to us
- Calling us on 01506 405 405
- Writing to us at – 6 Almondvale Business Park, Almondvale Way, Livingston, Scotland, EH54 6GA
For further information about the Priority Service Register, please contact us so we can provide this free of charge.
Staying safe on your doorstep
Before you let anyone into your home you need to know they are who they say they are.
When one of our engineers arrives at your door they will always show you their identification card, you should check that the photo on the card is the same as the person on your doorstep.
We will do our best to tell you in advance that someone is coming to visit, but that's not always possible - gas emergencies and other critical work may lead them to your door unannounced. However, our engineers do not head off to work without their identification card, so they will always show it to you. If you want to check that this is not a bogus caller, please feel free to give us a call on 01506 405405.
Our engineers will not be offended if you close the door and call to us to check they are who they claim to be. They are happy to wait on the doorstep until you are happy to let them in.
Any emergency work on our networks will be carried out by the local Gas Distribution Network, in which case they will still show you their ID card, but it may say they work for Cadent, SGN, Northern Gas Networks or Wales and West Utilities. The contact information for each of these is available by clicking on the company name.
If you arrange an appointment with us through your gas supplier, passwords registered against your Priority Services Register (PSR) information will be shared with us, so that our engineers can use this.
You do not need to be registered on the PSR to provide a password directly with us if you like to feel more secure, we can, free of charge, agree a password with you when we make an appointment for our engineers to visit so you can be confident to let them in.
In an Emergency please ring the gas emergency hotline 0800 111 999